Salesforce defaults converted lead opportunity close dates to the end of the Fiscal Quarter. Does this work for your sales team? Do your reps remember to update the date? If you’d like to change the default close date, follow these 5 steps.
- Create a custom checkbox field on Leads called “Created from Lead” and make the default “checked”. We recommend making this field read-only and hidden on the page layout.
- Create a custom checkbox field on Opportunities called “Created from Lead” and make the default “unchecked”. We recommend making this field read-only and hidden on the page layout
- Map these 2 fields to one another.
- Create a new Workflow Rule on Opportunities:
- Criteria: “Created from Lead” equals True
- Create a new Field Update on the Workflow Rule:
- Field to Update: Close Date
- Create formula as desired. May we recommend Today () + x days
Note: This will work for all new leads. Please update the “Created from Lead” checkmark on all current leads to ensure the workflow updates all leads in your org.
Need help? Give us a call if you need help implementing this or any functionality into your Salesforce org!